Seminartio/UNICAMP

Prezados(as)

   Nesta quinta 13/05 as 14:30hs sala 221, teremos a presenca do Prof.
Marco Ferreira/UFRJ apresentando o seguinte seminario:

SEMINÁRIO DE ESTATÍSTICA E PROBABILIDADE

Marco A. R. Ferreira
DME/UFRJ

Bayesian Analysis for a Class of Gaussian Markov Random Fields

Resumo: We present an objective Bayesian analysis for a classof proper
Gaussian Markov random fields (PGMRF). These proper PGMRFs are obtained
by adding a positive constant called propriety parameter to the diagonal
of the improper GMRF precision matrix. The propriety of GMRFs is
important because it is necessary for the construction of more complex
models such as for example multi-resolution random fields and
spatio-temporal models.Here, we show that the difficulties reported by
some authors onthe Bayesian estimation of the propriety parameter result
from the behavior of the likelihood function when the propriety
parameter goes to infinity. In particular, this behavior implies that
the use of improper priors leads to improper posteriors. In order to
solve this problem, we develop an objective Bayesian analysis for the
parameters of PGMRFs. We prove that our corresponding reference priors
lead to proper posteriors. Moreover, we have found through simulation
studies that our proposed approach has very good frequentist properties.
Illustrations are given with simulated data.

Data: 13/05/2004 Hora:  14:30hs.    Local:  Sala de Reuniões do  Depto.
de Estat. 221.

Contamos com sua presenca.

Ronaldo