X Brazilian School of Probability - 1st. Announcement

Dear Colleagues,

The 10th edition of the Brazilian School of Probability (X EBP) will
take
place jointly with the  IMS 2006 Annual Meeting. The joint event  will
be
held at IMPA, Rio de Janeiro, from  July 30 to August 04, 2006.

The first announcement has been posted at

http://www.impa.br/eventos/English_2006_escola_brasileira_de_probabilidade_impa.html

The page is under construction. In the near future we shall arrange
the page setup. Through the link to IMS Annual Meeting page the full
information of the joint event will be available to the community.

Scientific Committee:
David  Brillinger (U.C. Berkeley)
Charles  Newman  (Courant Institute)
Yuval  Peres  (U.C. Berkeley)
Charles-E. Pfister (EPF Lausanne)
Ib M. Skovgaard  (KVL Copenhagen)
Victor Yohai (U. Buenos Aires)

Scientific Program:
The program under the X EBP will consist of two mini-courses, invited
lectures and a poster session for communications.

Mini-courses:
Yuval Peres  (U.C. Berkeley) Title to be announced
Murad Taqqu (U. Boston) Title to be announced

Invited Speakers:
Vincent Beffara (ENS Lyon)
J. van den Berg (CWI)
Stella Brassesco (IVIC)
Donald Dawson (Carleton Univ.)
Paul Dupuis (Brown Univ.)
Vlada Limic (UBC)
Jim Pitman (U.C.Berkeley) (to be confirmed)

Organizing Committee:
Francisco Cribari-Neto (UFPE)
Chang C. Dorea (UnB)
Luiz Renato Fontes (USP)
Marcelo Fragoso (LNCC)
Alejandro C. Frery (UFAL)
Silvia R. Lopes (UFRGS
Maria E. Vares (CBPF) (chair)
Vladas Sidoravicius (IMPA)

On the behalf of the organizers we look forward meeting you in Rio next
year and thank you for distributing this announcement among your
colleagues.

With best regards,

Maria Eulalia Vares

Portuguese version: