Econometrics in Rio

FGV/EPGE is organizing the "Econometrics in Rio" conference on time
series, panel data, and quantile regression. The conference will take
place at Vargas Foundation (FGV) in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, from July-20
(Thurs) to July-22 (Sat), 2006. The event will have the participation of
the keynote speakers Gary Chamberlain (Harvard University), Bruce Hansen
(University of Wisconsin), Roger Koenker (University of llinois),Whitney
Newey (MIT), and Lars Hansen (University of Chicago).  We also have
confirmed the presence of three invited speakers: Victor Chernozhukov
(MIT), Jack Porter(University of Wisconsin), and Zhijie Xiao (Boston
College). We are inviting theoretical and applied econometricians to
submit a paper to the conference. The submission deadline is March-15,
and the committee will be selecting the contributed papers  by April
5th. Contributed papers will follow the keynote and invited lectures.
More information can be obtained in the conference's website:
http://epge.fgv.br/ecoinrio/index.html

Best wishes,

Luiz Lima (Getulio Vargas Foundation)