Piracicaba, SP
Data: 09/03/2006
Horário: 16:00 h

Abstract
Consider a weighted Poisson distribution (WPD) having the  same mean
than the original Poisson distribution. This talk proves  that the
mean value of the weight function with respect to the  underlying
Poisson distribution is a logconvex (logconcave) function
 if and only if the WPD is overdispersed (underdispersed) relative to
the Poisson distribution.The logconvexity (logconcavity) of the
weight function is only a sufficient condition, and some other
properties are examined. For a comprehensive relation between over-
and underdispersion, we then introduce a notion of duality between
two WPD such that the product of their weight functions is one. Some
illustrative examples are presented and discussed, in particular for
practical weight functions. We conclude by a new approach for
analyzing count data.

Cordiais saudações,

Roseli Aparecida Leandro
Av. Pádua Dias,11 Cx9 CEP 13418900
Fone: 0xx19 3429 4127 FAX:  0xx19 34294346