seminario Chris Brien

Dia: 13/07

THE DESIGN AND ANALYSIS OF EXPERIMENTS WITH A LABORATORY PHASE SUBSEQUENT
TO AN INITIAL PHASE
Chris Brien
School of Mathematics and Statistics, University of South Austr lia,
Adelaide, Austr lia

Abstract
Frequently an initial experiment is followed by analyses conducted in a
laboratory. The strategy of processing the produce from the initial
experiment in the order that it is obtained from the first phase is
discussed. Also considered is the randomization of produce from the first
phase to the analyses in the laboratory phase using a range of
experimental designs. In
this, we illustrate situations where one can, and cannot, ignore the
treatments that have been randomized to the units in the first phase. In
addition to considering the division of the laboratory phase into suitable
time periods, also discussed is the adjustment for systematic trends and
the placement of duplicates. We examine the confounding for proposed
designs and suggest mixed models that could be used to analyse them.

  Clarice
Clarice Garcia Borges Demetrio
Departamento de Ciencias Exatas      | Phone: +55 019 34294144 R:216
ESALQ/USP                            | Fax:   +55 019 34294346
Caixa Postal 9                       | http://ce.esalq.usp.br/
13418-900 PIRACICABA, SP             |
BRASIL                               | clarice@carpa.ciagri.usp.br