Job in Australia for biostatisticians in Townsville, Australia. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 14:11:46 +1000
From: Bill.Venables@csiro.au
To: ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk, k.mengersen@qut.edu.au, bates@stat.wisc.edu,
     Andre.Punt@csiro.au
Cc: john.hinde@nuigalway.ie, fharrell@virginia.edu, SimpsonPippaM@uams.edu,
     clarice@carpa.ciagri.usp.br
Subject: Job in Australia for biostatisticians in Townsville, Australia.

Colleagues,

I'm presently visiting the Australian Institute of Marine Science (AIMS) in Townsville and they are desperate for statistical recruits.  If you had any PhD graduates, or near graduates who might be interested in either of these positions, I would urge you to draw them to their attention.

 <<311312 Biostatistian Advertisment.pdf>>
If this seems to smack a little of desperation, you are right.  Applications close this and they currently have one applicant, in total, and he is unsuitable.  (I'm sure all they need at this stage is an expression of interest with a full application to follow.) It is a relatively remote area, but the work is fascinating and challenging and the place is a good place to work.  Post retirement in July this year - well, not really retirement but a change in status - I will probably be spending a portion of my time here as well.

Regards,
Bill.

Bill Venables
CSIRO Laboratories
PO Box 120, Cleveland, 4163
AUSTRALIA
Office Phone (email preferred):   +61 7 3826 7251
Fax (if absolutely necessary):      +61 7 3826 7304
Mobile:                                   (I don't have one!)
Home Phone:                            +61 7 3286 7700
mailto:Bill.Venables@csiro.au
http://www.cmis.csiro.au/bill.venables/