[Fwd: Divulgação seminário] (fwd)

 Clarice, por favor, divulgue na lista da ABE.
 Obrigada, Roseli.

   Prezados
  O próximo seminário do PPG ESTATÍSTICA E EXPERIMENTAÇÃO AGRONÔMICA,
 ESALQ/USP será realizado no dia 18/10/2007 na sala 311 ÀS 16:00H
 tendo como convidado o Prof  Ronaldo Dias do Depto de Estatística, IMECC,
UNICAMP. Título e resumo seguem abaixo.
  Todos estão convidados.

   Abraços, Roseli.

Titulo: Non-parametric estimation for aggregated functional data for
electric load monitoring

Abstract:

In this work we address the problem of estimating mean and
covariance curves when the available sample consists on aggregated
functional data.  Consider a population divided into sub-populations
for which one wants to estimate the mean (typology) and covariance
curves for
each sub-population. However, it is not possible (or too
expensive) to obtain sample curves for single individuals. The
available data are collective curves, sum of curves of different
subsets of individuals belonging to the sub-populations.  We propose
an estimation method based on B-splines expansion. This
method is consistent and simulation studies suggest that the proposed
mean estimator is suitable even with very few replications. This
problem was motivated by a real problem concerning the efficient
distribution