Ciclo de Seminários

        Programa de Pós-graduação em Estatística
               Universidade de Brasília

Data: 19 de setembro de 2008.
Horário: 14:30

Palestrante: Prof. Dr. Gauss Moutinho Cordeiro
             Departamento de Estatística e Informática
             Universidade Federal Rural de Pernambuco

Transformed Generalized Linear Models

We propose a new class of transformed generalized linear models
that extend the Box-Cox models and generalized linear models.
We give a simple formula to estimate the parameter that index
the transformation of the response variable for a subclass of
models. We also give a simple formula to estimate the rth moment
of the original dependent variable. We explore the possibility
of using these models to time series data to extend the generalized
ARMA models. The usefulness of these models is illustrated in
a simulation study and in applications to real data sets.