"Baby-Clay" Lectures at IMPA (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 19:40:47 -0500 (EST)
From: Vladas Sidoravicius <sidoravi@courant.nyu.edu>
To: vladas@impa.br

Subject: "Baby-Clay" Lectures at IMPA

Dear Colleagues,
as you probably know, during the period July 11-August 7, 2010, in Buzios we will held the Clay Summer School "Probability and Statistical Physics in Two and more Dimensions" (for the programm see http://www.claymath.org/programs/summer_school/2010/).

It is advanced school which brings its participants to the frontier of research in various directions of contemporary probability, combinatorics and statistical physics. Students will be exposed to the lectures and seminars of major exponents in these fields.

Since the school is intended for advanced students, we are organising at IMPA "Baby-Clay" Lectures which are intended to help students who are intended to apply for the Clay School to improve their knowledge in areas which are lying away from pathways of traditional probability training. During the period of January-February we will have a minicourse and several informal Lecture courses of 4-5 lectures on the following topics:

Margherita Dissertori (Univ. Rouen)
Introduction to the supersymmetric approach and its applications to random matrix problems

Vincent Beffara (ENS-Lyon)
Introduction to Gaussian Free Field and basics of quantum gravity.

Hugo Duminil (Univ. Geneve)
Parafermion in lattice models.

Omer Angel (UBC)
Intorduction to planar maps and their scaling limits.

Please forward this information to those who might be interested to attend. Students could contact me directly (vladas@impa.br).

Thank you very much,
Best wishes,
Vladas