Dois itens do boletim do ISI

1. Wednesday, 20-10-2010, has been declared the first World Statistics Day by the Statistical Commission of the United Nations. The Executive Committee has already been thinking of special initiatives to mark this event. Also some of our Associations are planning meetings around that date. For example, the 9th Latin-American Congress of the Statistical Societies will be held in Valparaiso on October 19-22 and the IAOS organises the Conference on Official Statistics and the Environment on October 20-22 in Santiago de Chile. Yet, we need further suggestions from the membership that can put the ISI in the floodlight on this occasion.

2. 2010 also marks the 125th anniversary of the creation of the ISI. Since the ISI itself is not organising a World Statistics Congress this year, no specific anniversary event has been planned. Perhaps the Associations might pay attention to this anniversary at their meetings? Or do you have any other suggestion? An historical paper? A special article for the ISI Newsletter