[Fwd: Fwd: Position in stats & probability at McMaster]

--- Begin Message --- Oi Aline, vc divulga na lista de vocês?
bjs, claudia

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ben Bolker <bbolker@gmail.com>
Date: 6 December 2010 23:15

Dear Colleagues:

The Department of Mathematics and Statistics at McMaster University
has an open tenure-track position (assistant or associate professor)
in probability and statistics.  The search is broad in scope
("candidates should have a PhD in Statistics, Probability, or a
related field, and clear evidence of a strong research programme in a
major area of Probability and Statistics"). Consideration of
applications will begin JANUARY 1.

We have an active, growing group in mathematical and statistical
biology, and many collaborations with biological researchers both on
and off campus.  For selfish reasons, we are eager to attract
applications from intelligent, creative, interactive researchers who
happen to work on problems relevant to ecology or evolution (an
interest in infectious diseases would be a nice bonus).  We are also
interested in candidates who work in related, applied fields, such as
complex dynamical systems.  If you know someone who might be
interested, please encourage them to apply (see
http://www.math.mcmaster.ca/employment/job_detail.php?id=25).

Please feel free to e-mail us for more information, or to provide us
with contact info for candidates we could encourage to apply.

Sincerely,

Ben Bolker, Jonathan Dushoff and David Earn

--- End Message ---