[Fwd: XXVIth IBC- Call for Invited Session Proposals- Deadline extended!]

--------------------------- Mensagem Original ----------------------------
Assunto: XXVIth IBC- Call for Invited Session Proposals- Deadline extended!
De:      IBCKobe@tibs.org
Data:    Seg, Abril 4, 2011 18:03
Para:    clarice@esalq.usp.br

Click the link below for web version.
http://www.magnetmail.net/actions/email_web_version.cfm?recipient_id=232344217&message_id=1295766&user_id=Bostrom

Deadline Extended until April 15, 2011

IBC Kobe 2012

Call for Invited Session Proposals

Our hearts go out to the people of Japan and our colleagues in the
Japanese Region. Because of the disaster in Japan, we realize that some
IBS members may hesitate to submit an invited session proposal.  For that
reason, we are extending the deadline for submissions to April 15. Several
reports have been received from our Japanese members that all is well in
the Kanai Area and that everything is working properly in Kobe, Kyoto and
Osaka.  The IBC Kobe 2012 will be a great success with your participation!

The International Program Committee (IPC) of the XXVIth International
Biometric Conference (IBC), to be held 26-31 August, 2012 in Kobe, Japan,
is calling for invited session proposals.

An invited session typically brings together a group of speakers (and
possibly discussants) to present the latest research in an area of
statistical theory or application, and make it accessible to a non-expert
audience. We encourage topics addressing a wide variety of emerging issues
in biological sciences and life sciences.

Please submit proposals by email to the IBC 2012 IPC chair, Christine
McLaren , at IBCKobe@tibs.org (mailtIBCKobe@tibs.org), using the official
template.

Proposals should include

· Your name, affiliation, contact address, e-mail address

· Suggested session title and keywords

· Motivations for the proposed session

· Suggested organizer (possibly yourself), speakers and discussant(s)

It is recommended that invited sessions should not aim to include more
than 3 speakers plus discussant(s) or 4 speakers without discussants.
Please be aware that the IBS will not waive the registration fee and will
not provide any other financial support for invited speakers.

The template for invited session proposals is available to be downloaded
from the IBS website: http://www.tibs.org (http://www.tibs.org). or
http://www.secretariat.ne.jp/ibc2012/
(http://www.secretariat.ne.jp/ibc2012/)

The deadline for receipt of Invited Session Proposals is Friday, April  15
, 2011.

--
Clarice Garcia Borges Demétrio
Departamento de Ciências Exatas

Biometry, the active pursuit of biological knowledge by quantitative
methods.? ? R.A. Fisher, 1948

Click here for web version.

Please submit proposals by email to the IBC 2012 IPC chair, Christine McLaren , at IBCKobe@tibs.orgusing the official template.

Proposals should include

· Your name, affiliation, contact address, e-mail address

· Suggested session title and keywords

· Motivations for the proposed session

· Suggested organizer (possibly yourself), speakers and discussant(s)

It is recommended that invited sessions should not aim to include more than 3 speakers plus discussant(s) or 4 speakers without discussants. Please be aware that the IBS will not waive the registration fee and will not provide any other financial support for invited speakers.

The template for invited session proposals is available to be downloaded from the IBS website: http://www.tibs.org. or http://www.secretariat.ne.jp/ibc2012/

The deadline for receipt of Invited Session Proposals is Friday, April  15 , 2011.

Click here to unsubscribe

1444 I Street, NW, Suite 700, Washington, DC, 20005