Fwd: [Fwd: My first R package tutorial]

------- Message original --------

Sujet :
      	My first R package tutorial

Date :
      	Mon, 04 Apr 2011 11:28:53 +0200

De :
      	Uwe Ligges <ligges@statistik.tu-dortmund.de>
[mailto:ligges@statistik.tu-dortmund.de]

Pour :
      	Uwe Ligges <ligges@statistik.tu-dortmund.de>
[mailto:ligges@statistik.tu-dortmund.de]

Dear participants of the "My first R package" tutorial at the IBS
Channel Network conference,

the tutorial is scheduled from 9:00 am to 12:30 am including a break.
This means the amount of time we will have is rather restricted.
Therefore, we all need to be well prepared to make the tutorial for all
participants as successful as possible.

Being well prepared means for the participants:

- Please bring your fully charged laptop to the tutorial

- Please download the course material (slides as PDF and example files)
  in advance. It is available from:
  http://www.statistik.tu-dortmund.de/~ligges/MyFirstRpackage/
[http://www.statistik.tu-dortmund.de/~ligges/MyFirstRpackage/]
  I still need to shorten. ;-)

- Please have a recent version of R installed on your laptop,
  i.e. R-release = R-2.12.2 should be most appropriate

- Please have some tools installed:
   + binutils and make
   + gcc (particularly the C, C++ and Fortran part)
   + some working TeX distribution
   + Perl

While Linux users probably have everything mentioned above installed
already (but please check), Windows users can install all the relevant
tools except TeX easily by downloading and installing
http://www.murdoch-sutherland.com/Rtools/Rtools212.exe
[http://www.murdoch-sutherland.com/Rtools/Rtools212.exe] (appropriate for
R-2.12.x) from Duncan Murdoch's web page.
When asked, please agree that the installers updates your PATH settings,
so that the relevant parts are in the OS' search path already.
If you do not have a TeX distributions installed already, please do so.
I'd recommend the MiKTeX distribution (http://miktex.org/
[http://miktex.org/]).

If you do not manage to get it working: don't worry, we will find out
what failed before/during/after the tutorial.
If most participants have the prerequisites installed in advance, we can
move a lot quicker to the more interesting parts of package building ...

Course material (slides as PDF and example file) are available from
  http://www.statistik.tu-dortmund.de/~ligges/MyFirstRpackage/
[http://www.statistik.tu-dortmund.de/~ligges/MyFirstRpackage/]
I still need to shorten. ;-)

Looking forward to meeting you in Bordeaux,
Uwe Ligges

--

Cécile Proust-Lima

Chargée de recherche INSERM, PhD
 [http://www.u-bordeaux2.fr/]

INSERM
U897 - ISPED

Université Bordeaux Segalen

146 rue Léo Saignat 33076 Bordeaux cedex

France

Tél. +33 (0)557574579 � Fax +33 (0)556240081

biostat.isped.u-bordeaux2.fr/ [http://biostat.isped.u-bordeaux2.fr/]

www.u-bordeaux2.fr [http://www.u-bordeaux2.fr/]

--
Clarice Garcia Borges Demétrio
Departamento de Ciências Exatas

Biometry, the active pursuit of biological knowledge by quantitative
methods.? ? R.A. Fisher, 1948