Fwd: [SAM] CALL FOR PAPERS at AAG 2012: SPATIAL EPIDEMIOLOGY

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Delmelle, Eric <Eric.Delmelle@uncc.edu>
Date: Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 1:26 AM
Subject: [SAM] CALL FOR PAPERS at AAG 2012: SPATIAL EPIDEMIOLOGY
To: "SAM@lists.csbs.utah.edu" <SAM@lists.csbs.utah.edu>

CALL FOR PAPERS: SPATIAL EPIDEMIOLOGY

Dear colleagues

The coming Annual Meeting of the Association of American Geographers
will be held in New York City, from February 24 to 28, 2012.
Information about the conference can be found at http://www.aag.org/cs/annualmeeting.

On this occasion, we are planning several sessions around the theme of
spatial epidemiology and spatial analysis in health geography. For
these sessions, we welcome studies or applications that address any
relevant issues, including but not limited to:

 °Space-time modeling (including clustering and detection techniques)

 °Point pattern analysis, dynamic movement analysis

 °Infectious disease dynamics and disease transmission

 °Prevention measures to disease spreading

 °Individual-based epidemiological modeling

 °GIS and remote sensing to identify and delimit vector/host
 habitats/niches

 °Accessibility to health care and geovisualization methods

 If you would like to contribute to this stream of sessions, please
 submit your abstract online (http://www.aag.org/cs/annualmeeting).
 Email us the title, abstract, author information and AAG PIN by
 September 25 2011 to include you in one of our sessions

Please not that we have been approached by the series editors of
Ashgate's Geographies of Health Series. This series has published books by A.C.Gatrell ("Mobilities and Health") and S. Curtis ("Space, Place, and Mental Health"), among other distinguished authors. An anticipated outcome of these sessions is an edited volume on Spatial Analysis in Health Geography. If you are interested in having your paper considered for this project, please contact one of us. Based on the submissions and emerging themes, we will select contributions and finalize a proposal for Ashgate.

Sincerely,

Dr. Eric Delmelle (eric.delmelle@uncc.edu), University of North
Carolina, Charlotte

Dr. Debarchana Ghosh (debarchana.ghosh@uconn.edu), University of