From: Miodrag Lovric <mlovric@kg.ac.rs>
Date: 2013/2/27
Subject: International Encyclopedia of Statistical Science, from the 2013 Nobel Prize nominee
To: basilio@hucff.ufrj.br

Dear Professor Basilio de Braganca Pereira

First, let me express my gratitude for your great contributed paper to our joint project: International Encyclopedia of Statistical Science (Springer, 2011).

Second, I have a great news: I have been nominated for the 2013 Nobel Peace Prize (with Prof. CR Rao and Prof. Shlomo Sawilowsky, USA) by chancellors (rectors) of two well-known universities from India and the United States; also by the President of the Republic of Srpska and President of Bosnia and Herzegovina (please see the attached file titled Nobel Peace Prize 2013 Final ver).

Third, the situation in the country that I currently reside in (Serbia) can be described as a pure disaster, especially during past ten days since milk (and milk product) is heavily poisoned with aflatoxins (known to cause liver cancer). I am highly concern about the future of my two young kids Tarra and Andrei (please see their joint photo, attached, they are very gifted in mathematics).

My greatest wish is to move to Brazil and to continue my career in your country.

Could I kindly ask you to help me and try to find any academic position at any statistics department in Brazil? I do not have time to wait for the official advertisements, they are extremely rare. Although I am currently Full Professor in Statistics I would be extremely happy and obliged even with the lower position. May be the best idea would be if I can start as a Visiting Professor for certain period (say 6 months or more). There is one problem however, I do not speak Portuguese, but I am a very fast learner – I Speak 5 languages.

Please see, attached, my CV and opinions on my work from reputable statisticians from all six continents (the document is titled: Opinions on Professor Miodrag Lovric).

If you help me, among other plans, I could establish a new international statistical journal (I have offer from Springer), expand the Encyclopedia by one more volume with the “signature” of Brazil, etc.

Thank you very much in advance for your time and sorry for bothering you about my desperate situation.

With best regards and personal wishes

Miodrag Lovric, Professor in Statistics

University of Kragujevac, Serbia

Former Professor and Lecturer at the University at Belgrade in Serbia, University of South Australia and Massey University in New Zealand

Editor-in-Chief

International Encyclopedia of Statistical Science

Home page: http://www.ekfak.kg.ac.rs/mlovric/

--

Basilio de Bragança Pereira ,DIC and PhD(Imperial College), DL(COPPE)
*UFRJ-Federal University of Rio de Janeiro

*Tel: 55 21 2562-7045/7047/2618/2558
www.po.ufrj.br/basilio/

*MailAddress:
COPPE/UFRJ