Seminário do Programa de Pós-Graduação em Estatística da UFPE - 2013

TÃtulo: ON A NEW METHOD FOR BIRNBAUMâSAUNDERS MODELLINGââ

Palestrante: Prof. Manoel Ferreira dos Santos Neto - Departamento de EstatÃstica - UFCG ââ

Data: 16 de outubro de 2013 (quarta-feira) ââHorÃrio: 16:00 horasââÂâ

Resumoâ

Modelling based on the Birnbaum-Saunders distribution has receivedÂconsiderable attention in recent years. In this paper, we introduceÂa new approach for Birnbaum-Saunders regression models, whichÂallows us to analyze data in their original scale and to modelÂnon-constant variance. In addition, we propose four types ofÂresiduals for these models and conduct a simulation study toÂestablish which of them has a better performance. Moreover, we develop methods of local influence by calculating the normalÂcurvatures under different perturbation schemes. Finally, we performÂa statistical analysis with real data by using the approach proposedÂin the article. This analysis shows the adequacy of our proposal.Â

--
Francisco Josà A. Cysneiros
Associate professorÂ