Entrevistas relevantes

Dear All,

I would like to introduce myself as the Publications Manager of Statistics at
Wiley and the Editor of Statistics Views (http://www.statisticsviews.com/), a
new website dedicated to the statistical community.

Earlier this year, I interviewed Professor Dennis Lindley and wished to post
this here.

http://www.statisticsviews.com/details/feature/5060491/The-key-is-to-teach-people-about-uncertainty_-An-interview-with-Dennis-V_-Lindle.html

A couple of months after I interviewed Professor Lindley, whom had a copy of
Nate Silver's The Signal and the Noise by his side, I interviewed Nate Silver
at the Joint Statistical Meetings in Montreal. He was absolutely delighted
when I told him Professor Lindley had a copy of his book and talked here
about how the Bayesian offers a more coherent, philosophical way in which to
look at the world and...would be useful for journalists to use as well.

http://www.statisticsviews.com/details/feature/5133141/Nate-Silver-What-I-need-from-statisticians.html

I have also interviewed Professor David Spiegelhalter and here

(http://www.statisticsviews.com/details/feature/3020681/Can-taking-risks-increase-your-chance-of-living-An-interview-with-Professor-Davi.html)

he talks about Bayesian theory and here

(http://www.statisticsviews.com/details/feature/5267761/The-Norm-Chronicles-Authors-Michael-Blastland-and-David-Spiegelhalter-on-their-c.html)

about his book, The Norm Chronicles with Michael Blastland, which has some
roots in Bayesian thought.

Thanks,

Alison

Alison Oliver
Publications Manager
Statistics

Wiley
9600 Garsington Road,
Oxford, OX4 2DQ
UK
www.wiley.com

T          +44 (0) 1865 476541
M         +44 (0) 7500 794807
aoliver@wiley.com
http://www.statisticsviews.com/

John Wiley & Sons Limited is a private limited company registered in England
with registered number 641132.
Registered office address: The Atrium, Southern Gate, Chichester, West
Sussex, United Kingdom. PO19 8SQ.
--
Carlos Alberto de BraganÃa Pereira
http://www.ime.usp.br/~cpereira