From: Solange Correa <solange.t.correa@gmail.com>
Date: 2013/11/22
Subject: Oportunidade para Mestrado e Doutorado - University of Southampton 2014
Subject: Postgraduate funding opportunities in Social Statistics &
Demography at the University of Southampton for 2014
Thinking about applying for an MSc or PhD in social statistics or
demography next year? Have a look at our funding opportunities...

SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE

We hope to put candidates forward for both MSc and PhD scholarships
over the coming year to start in October 2014. These scholarships
include:

*ESRC-DTC studentships (up to 10 available):
•  1+3 studentships: these involve completing a 1 year MSc in
Demography or Social Statistics followed by a 3 year PhD. These
scholarships pay £13,726 per year tax free (2013-2014 rates), plus an
extra £3,000 per year for training in advanced quantitative methods
during the PhD. Fees are also covered.  To be considered applicants
should have or should be expecting to attain a 1st or a 2:1.
•  +3 studentships: available for students who have or are expecting
to complete an approved Masters programme with a high merit (an
average mark of 65% or other equivalent, and are looking to undertake
a 3 year PhD. These scholarships pay £13,726 per year tax free
(2013-2014 rates), plus an extra £3,000 per year for training in
advanced quantitative methods. Fees are also covered.

*Social Sciences Masters’ Scholarships: we are delighted to be
offering several one-year taught MSc scholarships for our MSc
programmes in Demography or Social Statistics for the 2014 academic
year. These will be available for International and Home/EU students,
and will provide a substantial discount towards the cost of your fees.

*Population Investigation Committee (PIC) scholarships: in recent
years, the PIC has offered one year scholarships for students
undertaking our MSc in Demography. The scheme will be running again
this year, and up to 3 strong candidates will be put forward for
consideration. We are usually successful in obtaining these
scholarships for at least one student per year, worth £15,000.

Closing deadline for social sciences masters scholarships and 1+3 and
+3 studentships: 28 February 2014.

For more details about our division please visit our website at:
http://www.southampton.ac.uk/demography.
For more details about our ESRC-DTC and our associated pathways,
please visit http://www.southampton.ac.uk/esrcdtc.

HOW TO APPLY

Please apply as normal using the University application form. at
http://www.soton.ac.uk/postgraduate/pgstudy/howdoiapplypg.html  and
state in the General Information section (checklist item 11 of 14)
under further details about your funding that you wish to be
considered for funding (indicating which types). Applicants for the
DTC 1+3 or +3 studentships will required to complete an additional
form available at http://bit.ly/I3ZOe0, and should be forwarded to
esrcdtc@soton.ac.uk. We consider all eligible applicants.

For queries, please contact socstats@soton.ac.uk