SeminÃrio: Prof. N. Balakrishnan, 21/03 Ãs 14:30 IME-USP

Caros colegas e alunos,

O Prof. N. Balakrishnan (McMaster University, Canada) apresentarÃ
seminÃrio no IME-USP.

Data: 21 de MarÃo, sexta-feira Ãs 14:30

TÃtulo: Signatures of Coherent Systems and Joint Systems

Abstract: In this talk, I will first introduce the concept of
signatures of coherent systems and give some examples. Next, I will
describe some of its properties such as stochastic orderings and
comparison of different reliability systems. Then, I will present an
extended signature of a system that would facilitate comparisons of
systems of different sizes. Following this, I will introduce a new
notion of dynamic signatures and describe some of its properties.
Finally, I will consider a situation wherein there are two systems
with some shared components and introduce the concept of bivariate
signatures and establish some of its structural properties as well as
associated stochastic orderings.

Todos estÃo convidados.

Nikolai