Grupo de Inferência Bayesiana (GIB)

Seminário do Grupo de Inferência Bayesiana (GIB)
05/09/2008-14 horas
Sala de seminários do Departamento de Estatística- UFSCar-São Carlos-SP
Título: Parallel systems using the Weibull model
A. Polpo (UFSCar, São Carlos, Brazil)
M.A. Coque Jr. (IME-USP, São Paulo, Brazil)
and C.A. de B. Pereira (IME-USP, São Paulo, Brazil)

Abstract.

A series system reliability is based on the minimum life time of its
components. Its dual,
the parallel system, is based on the maximum. Here, we consider the
statistical analysis of a parallel
system where its components follow the Weibull parametric model. Our
perspective is Bayesian.
Due to the mathematical complexity to obtain the posterior
distribution,  we use the Metropolis-
Hasting simulation method. Based on this posterior, we evaluated the
evidence of the Full Bayesian Significance Test ?FBST? for comparing the component reliabilities. The
reason for using FBST is the
fact that we are testing precise hypotheses. An example illustrates
the methodology.

Estão todos convidados, abraços Josemar

Para mais detalhes consultar a página: www.ufscar.br/~des