sà repassando.. Survey Practice June 2009 is Now Available

----- Mensagem encaminhada -----
De: "Andy Peytchev" <apeytchev@RTI.ORG>
Para: SRMSNET@LISTSERV.UMD.EDU
Enviadas: Quarta-feira, 1 de Julho de 2009 11:22:59 (GMT-0300) Auto-Detected
Assunto: Survey Practice June 2009 is Now Available!

(Apologies for cross-posting.)

The June issue of Survey Practice is on the SP website â www.surveypractice.org .

ÂThis issue is the first in a new format. The changes:

 Â We are publishing Survey Practice bimonthly;

 Â Each bimonthly issue has 6-7articles, instead of 3-4 in the monthly issues; and,

 Â The website has only an introduction and table of contents instead of first paragraph of each article.

 In this issue, our âAsk the Expertsâ article this month is the second by Aaron Maitland on the labeling of attitude scales. His article in the previous issue of Survey Practice on labeling scale points was the most viewed by SP readers. This month, his article focuses on the number of responses to include in attitude scales. Please let the editors know what topics you would like to see in future issues.

ÂPrior to the last issue of Survey Practice, the article most viewed was on the universal design for surveys. In this issue, Larry Malakhoff provides more detail on some requirements needed to be â508â compliant. That is, he describes some formatting and other design issues that web survey developers need to use to meet the federal guidelines for accessibility.

ÂThe hottest topic at this yearâs AAPOR annual meeting was address-based sampling. We asked the presenters at the conference to prepare a short summary of their presentations. Some presenters provided longer papers or PowerPoint slides that are available at the end of their summary.

ÂThe raking article, by Mike Battaglia and his colleagues, is a little longer than most SP articles but it requires more than the standard number of words to convey its message. We publish some articles that are relevant to a limited group of readers but we also hope that others will read the articles to learn more about a topic that might be a stretch for them. This article is a good non-technical description of raking  and provides a method of implementation.

ÂThe article by Katherine McGonagle and her colleagues at the University of Michigan describes an experiment using a variety of methods to maintain panel members. They found some techniques are more effective in maintaining panels.

ÂHeather Stuckey and her colleagues present a good analysis of the cost-effectiveness of pre-survey notifications and return receipts. This study helps to understand the tradeoffs and shows that their use of a pre-survey postcard mailing saved money.

ÂSurvey Practice accepts articles in multiple formats but most articles sent to us are in traditional magazine or journal format. The article by Glenn Israel is an example of short article that describes useful research. He shows mode differences in response between a postal and a web survey. The article can be used as an example for others who would like to submit short, descriptive articles.

ÂAnd, as always, we welcome your comments and suggestions. Let us know what kinds of articles you would like to see in SP. Do you prefer the monthly or bimonthly format?

The Editors

John KennedyÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Diane OâRourke
David MooreÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Andy Peytchev

--
Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo sistema de antivís e
 acredita-se estar livre de perigo.