Seminário do Professor T. S. Rao na UFPE

Seminário no Departamento de Estatística da UFPE

Professor Tata Subba Rao (University of Manchester)

Horário: 16hs do dia 19 de outubro (4a feira)

Title: Statistical analysis of spatial, spatio-temporal data.

Abstract:

In many applications, such as geophysics, geomining, climatic studies,
statistical methods are often used to predict observations at known
locations given data in the neigbourhood locations. One of these methods
is commonly called Kriging. We briefly discuss problems associated with
Kriging, define various estimating methods and discuss their properties.
We also discuss the analysis of data which are functions of locations and
time.