Fwd: Seminário Conjunto ICMC/UFSCar - 16/03/2012 - 14h00 - no ICMC- USP

Lembrando.

Seminário Conjunto ICMC/UFSCar – 16/03/2012 - 14h00

 TITLE: Long Range percolation on the d-dimensional integer lattice

SPEAKER: Prof. Dr. Cristian Coletti, CMCC-UFABC, Santo André / SP

ABSTRACT:

We consider a Bernoulli point process on the d-dimensional integer lattice of parameter p and associate to each point of the point process a non-negative integer random variable (random radius). We suppose that the radius are independent and independent of the point process. Then we consider the occupied region defined as the union of the balls centered at the points of the point process. We show that if the parameter of the point process is small enough then there is no percolation. This is a joint work with Sebastian Grynberg (UBA).

--
Marinho G. Andrade
Departamento de Matemática Aplicada e Estatística

"No final, não nos lembraremos das palavras dos nossos inimigos, mas do
silêncio dos nossos amigos" M. Luther King.