Fw: CIMPA School on Mathematical Statistics

From: Ricardo Fraiman <fraimanricardo@gmail.com>
Sent: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 10:50:28 -0300
Subject: CIMPA School on Mathematical Statistics

Dear participants of the CLAPEM:

First of all I apologize to send this information to some of you who may not be interested in what follows.

   A CIMPA School in mathematical statistics (New trends in Mathematical Statistics) will take place at Punta del Este, Uruguay from november 25 to december 5.
There will be four courses and several invited conferences, besides short talks given by young researchers. The school is mainly oriented to advanced students in
mathematical statistics and some support for loadging and travelling will be available to support young participants. Of course that we think that it will be of interest also for  all researchers interested in mathematical statistics. You can find information about the school in the web page

As mentioned above, there will be some limited finantial support for students and young researchers from the region, in particular from Argentina, Chile, Brasil  Mexico and Uruguay.
We thus encourage all of you to participate in the school and register at the web page soon, since we need the information to decide about funding support and hotel reservations. We would also very much appreciate if you can inform to some of your collegues who may be interested in participating in the School.

Some small changes will be done still on the program, and we will update the information at the web page soon.

All the best,

Ricardo Fraiman

Dani Gamerman
Depto. de Métodos Estatísticos (DME)