Fwd: Announcing Wolfram SystemModeler for large-scale system modeling

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Roger Germundsson <roger_germundsson@wolfram.com>
Date: 2012/6/5
Subject: Announcing Wolfram SystemModeler for large-scale system modeling
To: basilio@hucff.ufrj.br

Wolfram Research was founded 25 years ago to develop broad tools
for advanced computation. Over the years, our flagship
Mathematica product has become a mainstay in advanced R&D groups
across almost all industries, and in most of the world's
universities.

In recent times we've also introduced our Wolfram|Alpha
computational knowledge engine, aimed at consumers and
professionals (and for example used in Apple's Siri intelligent
assistant).

Today I'm writing to you to let you know that--building on our
25-year technology stack--we are embarking on a major new
direction with the introduction of our Wolfram SystemModeler
product for large-scale system modeling.

SystemModeler makes it easy to develop detailed, realistic
multi-engineering models in an easy drag-and-drop environment. A
core set of physical and logical components is built in covering
a variety of engineering areas--mechanical, electrical, thermal,
biochemical, and more--and custom libraries can be developed to
represent the key elements and processes in any domain. Modeling,
simulation, visualization, and analysis with Mathematica are
tightly integrated, dramatically reducing development time.

SystemModeler represents a fresh approach to scalable system
modeling, making use of unique symbolic methods, as well as the
emerging Modelica system description language. Our CEO, Stephen
Wolfram, recently wrote a blog post giving some more details:
http://blog.stephenwolfram.com/2012/05/announcing-wolfram-systemmodeler

There's also an extensive product website at:
http://www.wolfram.com/system-modeler

In addition, we will be holding a free virtual conference about
SystemModeler on June 19. Registration and more information about
this event is available here:
http://www.wolfram.com/training/special-event/system-modeler-2012

With its unified foundation in the Modelica standard,
SystemModeler is particularly well suited to the kind of
multi-domain systems that are utilized in a whole range of
industries, from aerospace to automotive, marine, consumer,
manufacturing, and beyond.

Let us know more about your ideas to incorporate SystemModeler
into your current projects, and I'll ask a member of our team to
contact you to discuss the details.

Yours sincerely,

Roger Germundsson
Director of R&D, Wolfram Research
http://www.wolfram.com

Update your email:
http://www.wolfram.com/emailchange/?email=basilio@hucff.ufrj.br

Privacy policy:
http://www.wolfram.com/legal/privacy/wolfram-research.html
-----------------

This message was sent to <basilio@hucff.ufrj.br> by Wolfram Research, Inc.
Mailing address: 100 Trade Center Dr., Champaign, IL 61820, USA

--

Basilio de Bragança Pereira ,DIC and PhD(Imperial College), DL(COPPE)
*UFRJ-Federal University of Rio de Janeiro

*Tel: 55 21 2562-7045/7047/2618/2558
www.po.ufrj.br/basilio/

*MailAddress:
COPPE/UFRJ