Fwd: Call for IBC2014 Short Course Proposals

De: ibs@tibs.org
Para: "clarice demetrio" <clarice.demetrio@usp.br>
Enviadas: TerÃa-feira, 19 de Fevereiro de 2013 17:39:21
Assunto: Call for IBC2014 Short Course Proposals

Click here for web version.

Call for IBC2014 Short Course Proposals
The IBS Education Committee, together with the International Program Committee of the 27th International Biometric Conference (IBC2014), to be held July 6-11th in Florence, Italy, is calling for proposals for short pre-conference courses on Sunday, July 6th, 2014.

Our goal is to provide courses that will attract registrants from a number of different application areas. We also want to reach out to potential participants from economically developing countries. Course selection will be by committee consensus and will take into account how the courses complement and enhance the scientific program of the IBC. A pre-conference course is usually taught by one or more instructors on a topic that is actual in Biometry and of interest to many potential IBC participants. The course can either last the full day (6 â 8 hours) or a half day (4 hours).

Proposals should include motivation, proposed content(s), and potential target audience of the course, as well as a description of the previous teaching experience and subject area expertise of the instructor(s). We also ask that the proposal include contact details of 1 â 2 participants of a previous course taught by the instructor(s) whom we may contact if needed.

Please use the form (download the proposal form here) for the proposal and send it, preferably by e-mail, to the Education Committee chair, Krista Fischer, at Krista.Fischer@ut.ee.

Proposals for short courses should be submitted electronically before April 15, 2013, and four proposals will be selected by the Education Committee by July 15, 2013.

Unsubscribe here.
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInShareShare

1444 I Street, NW, Suite 700, Washington, DC, 20005