The Poetry Of Programming

Olá,

Saiu um artigo[1] muito interessante na Slashdot que traz um texto de
Richard Gabriel sobre "The Poetry Of Programming":

Sun's Richard Gabriel (possibly the only person with both a Ph.D. in
computer science and an MFA in poetry) talks[2] about "the connections
between creativity, software, and poetry": "People say, 'Well, how come
we can't build software the way we build bridges?' The answer is that
we've been building bridges for thousands of years, and while we can
make incremental improvements to bridges, the fact is that every bridge
is like some other bridge that's been built.... But in software ...
we're rolling out -- if not the first -- at most the seventh or eighth
version. We've only been building software for 50 years, and almost
every time we're creating something new."

Abraço,

	Daniel

----
[1] - http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/12/05/1246247&mode=thread&tid=156