ISBA Award in Honor of Pilar Iglesias

Caros redistas,

a pedido do professor Fabrizio Ruggeri repasso a mensagem abaixo.

Bom dia a todos
Rosangela

Dear Friends:

A few months ago, ISBA established an award in honor of Pilar Iglesias, who died recently. The award will benefit students and young researchers from developing countries by providing travel grants to attend the Valencia Meetings or the ISBA World Meetings. So that the award can be given out in perpetuity, we are hoping to raise an endowment of U$20,000.

The good news is that we have already reached (either through contributions or commitments) almost U$11,000. But that still leaves us about U$9,000 short of the goal.

Please consider making a contribution to the fund, even if small. To do so, please go to the ISBA web site at
www.bayesian.org, and then to the News link (on the left of the page). News item 6 will take you to the on-line form that allows contributions by credit card or by check (if you print out and mail the form). If you wish to learn more about Pilar Iglesias and her contributions to Bayesian statistics in Latin America and elsewhere, please see the March issue of the ISBA Bulletin, at http://www.bayesian.org/bulletin/0703.pdf.

Many thanks in advance. With best wishes,

Alicia Carriquiry
Jay Kadane
Fabrizio Ruggeri