Pre-World-Congress Meeting of Young Researchers, July 6-8, 2012

Caros,

Seguindo o espirito de anuncio de eventos interessantes nos proximos meses, agora atendo o pedido do  Arnoldo Frigessi para divulgar o Pre-World-Congress Meeting of Young Researchers.
Os detalhes seguem abaixo.

Att.,
Alexandra

Pre-World-Congress Meeting of Young Researchers

in Statistics and Probability

July 6-8, 2012

Koç University, Istanbul, TURKEY

http://pwc2012.ku.edu.tr/

Join us for a young-event on the weekend before the

8th World Congress in Probability and Statistics (9-14 July)

If you are a student (master or PhD), postdoc or young researcher in statistics or probability, come and join 100 other young participants to the pre-World-Congress weekend.

During the weekend, the young participants will follow lectures and meet some of the key speakers and invited session organisers to the World Congress, in addition to participating to other cultural, scientific and social activities. This will allow you to be more prepared for the lectures on the World Congress and to get in contacts with some of the main statisticians and probabilists of the moment. The meeting starts on Friday 6.7. at 16.00 and ends in the evening of Sunday 8.7.: 48 hours of full activity.

We wish this to be a truly global event, and we aim to a strong participation of young students from the developing counties. In order to make it possible for students from developing countries to join the young statisticians meeting and the World Congress, the International Mathematical Union, the European Mathematical Society, the World Bank and the Bernoulli Society have offered grants to cover local costs in Istanbul and registration fee for participants from the developing countries. And we are looking for more sponsors.

If you are a young statistician or probabilist in a developing countries, please apply for support here: http://pwc2012.ku.edu.tr/registration. Deadline is March 20th. We do not know yet how much support we can offer, and for how many, as we are still looking for more sponsors. If you are selected, you will be informed by April 1st, in good time to organise your travel.

If you are a young statistician or probabilist in a developed country, please register and pay the registration fee here: http://pwc2012.ku.edu.tr/registration. Please do this as soon as possible, as places are limited. You will see on our website that there are two levels of registration fee, and we hope you your institution can afford to pay the higher fee, which is a form of sponsoring of the event.

I hope that you will participate to the Pre-World-Congress Meeting of Young Researchers

in Statistics and Probability, helping to make it a truly global event.

Best regards,

Arnoldo Frigessi

Professor, University of Oslo

frigessi@medisin.uio.no

--
Alexandra Mello Schmidt, PhD

http://www.dme.ufrj.br/~alex
Cash your dreams before they slip away.  Lose your dreams and you lose your
mind (From the "God of Small things").
Gentileza gera gentileza (Profeta Gentileza)